You TubeTwitterFacebook  
Home Ayurvedic Medicine Integrated Medicine Education Contents Articles Links Products Search Feedback Contact Forum Site map
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Q: I have looked over the forum index and still unclear about alternative mechanical heart valve treatment. I had a new patient arrive today with 2 mechanical valves and would like alternatives to coumadin. His DC suggested Nattokinase. My thought would be to do Beyond chelation 2X plus, added cod liver oil (1-2 tablespoons/ day) in addition to nattokinase. (this in addition of lifestyle modification, removal of inflammatory foods, removal of infections, etc)

He knows how uncomfortable I am with this particular issue, and he is not able to give up his current doctor due to insurance issues. He still wants an opinion. Since I have never treated someone with mechanical valves I would love some imput from anyone with experience on how well this has worked to prevent stokes and other problems.

Jeff Wright, ND
Provo Utah
http://www.utahvalleyhealthclinic.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

A: Dear Doctor:

My protocol for ALTERNATIVE to COUMADIN program is now proven effective with repeated INR testing.

I believe that this one patient has given us all some new ideas for us to consider in combining natural alternatives to Coumadin even though he has a mechanical 1 inch St. Jude mechanical heart valve damaging his blood cells continuously. He has even been able to monitor this program with the INR testing with doses we have not routinely advocated, for example, three Essential Daily Defense, 4 or 5 times a day with boluoke and nattokinase! Read on as he has even tied his DIET into the results he sees on his INR testing!

This is cutting edge information, and represents a work in progress but for the first time it appears that HIGH enough doses of all these nutrients will move INR tests into therapeutic ranges, at least in some people.

Sincerely,

Garry F. Gordon MD,DO,MD(H)
President, Gordon Research Institute
http://www.gordonresearch.com

Dr. Garry Gordon
Gordon Research Institute

February 23, 2009

Dear Dr. Gordon:

Thank you so much for your quick answer to my important email! I was very very concerned that there was something wrong with me and that my INR was not high enough anymore for my two leaflet, one inch, mechanical aortic heart valve made by the St. Jude company. In the mornings recently, particularly when I woke up, my blood just felt too thick and my heart valve seemed even to make a minor thump noise, every time it closed, as if my blood was too thick!

When I had my own INR meter, and used to take readings every so often, with this current EDD schedule of taking three EDD capsules at a time in the morning, lunch time, dinner time and before going to sleep, (three EDD capsules four times a day), my INR would be 1.9-2.0. This is considered a minimal requirement for a St. Jude mechanical aortic heart valve and my cardiologist was notified and he accepted it. I have been off coumadin completely for two years. There is no restriction on my physical activity.

In my opinion, the Coumadin pharmaceutical is truly a “rat poison.” It kills rats off by over thinning their mammal blood so that they die of brain hemorrhages. Then, birds that eat and devour the dead rat bodies do not get poisoned at all and do fine. Coumadin has major side effects. I would feel terrible all day and sickly. My skin would turn purplish. Tiny skin surface arteries and capillaries would turn purple and the skin would also turn purple. If I over dosed on fresh healthy broccoli or spinach then my INR would go back down to be way too low for a mechanical heart valve. And of course, the greatest problem was that the coumadin did not solve the blood clot problem. Every tine a mechanical aortic heart valve closes it crushes red blood cells and creates lots of clots. These clots would go directly to my brain and I would have temporary strokes during the day where I could not speak at all or I was not able to speak in whole sentences! I had to quit one of the finest jobs I have ever had as a computer network administer working for a company that maintained scores of computer servers for the Immigration and Naturalization Services department in Laguna Niguel, California. I lost all the extensive health insurance I had there also.

But you were an answer to prayer Dr. Gordon! Thank you for introducing me to nattokinase, which saved my life, and now Boluoke, twice a day, which lasts longer and better. And of course the wonderful EDD capsule regimen. I may even go from a four times a day regimen to a five times a day regimen which I have been experimenting with. (Breakfast, Lunch, mid-afternoon, dinner, and bedtime.) God bless you!

Here is my current daily EDD and Boluoke schedule:

7:00 AM One capsule Boluoke, three EDD capsules, and one 1000 mg fish oil capsule.

11:00 AM One fish oil cap and three EDD caps.

3:30 PM One fish oil cap and three EDD caps.

6:30 PM One fish oil cap and three EDD caps.

7:00 One Boluoke cap. (Evening dosage.)

10:00PM Just before bedtime, to cover me all night, I take three EDD caps and one fish oil cap.

In Christ forever,

Jonathan Turner

Dear Jonathan:

Congratulations on working out your own formula!!

You should have no fear about the dose of EDTA, as 15 caps each only give you 133 mg of EDTA, and I have everyone else for minimum protection taking 6 caps a day, which is only 400 mg a day. You are only getting 2.5 times that minimum amount which is still only 1000 mg a day of which you only absorb around 5-18% so average that at 10%. Then you are only receiving systemically 100 mg a day whereas when we do IV Chelation we give 3000 mg day all of which is absorbed and people get more and more healthy with 100-250 of those IVs so that is not your weight loss explanation.

And if you read about EPA, which is the most concentrated fish oil, i.e. the Omega 3 at Harvard we use 12,000 mg a day for many conditions.

So please look to getting any ACAM Doctor (http://www.acam.org) to evaluate you for common problems from parasites to dysbiosis to food sensitivity and then look into my antiaging program and add things like Beyond GHS, 3 at hs to INCREASE positive nitrogen balance, more muscle growth less catabolism.

Look into taking 50 mg of DHEA a day and look into getting a doctor to prescribe topical testosterone with progesterone, as I explain to FACT members, which any doctor can join.

Use a Probiotic like DDS Probioplus, one nightly.

Use my Power Drink, start the 4 components (Beyond Fiber, BioE’nR-G’y C, Maca, Greens) SLOWLY.

Start slowly and not all these things the same week.

DO you know what your INR was when you were not on any of this program and did you have repeated tests to determine that this is the level you require to keep your INR where it now is? That information will be interesting to others trying to get off Coumadin and if you do have a lot of info and you would chart it showing how you arrived at this current dose, I would like to share that information with other alternative health care members of my FACT group.

Read more about EDTA on my website where you click and 507 abstracts can be reviewed by anyone wanting to learn how much we have used to keep lead levels down in lead workers!! You are not to worry about EDTA toxicity as long as you get the minerals in my Beyond Any Multiple formula and take the full 6 a day.

I did not see what your current weight is and what it was 6,12, and 24 months ago, as any unexplained weight loss pushes me to encourage people to look for anything that can explain it and that includes the $300-800 cancer panel available at http://www.caprofile.com.

Sincerely,

Garry F. Gordon MD,DO,MD(H)
President, Gordon Research Institute
http://www.gordonresearch.com