Simple, Easy, Detox.  Body Cleanse Starter Kit

You TubeTwitterFacebook  
Home Ayurvedic Medicine Integrated Medicine Education Contents Articles Links Products Search Feedback Contact Forum Site map
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dental Phobia Issue!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:39 pm 

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and I've just decided to bite the bullet so to speak and see if anyone can relate to this... I didn't realise that I had a fear of the dentist until very recently. I woke up with toothache and realised I couldn't remember the last time I had seen the dentist It's just one of those things that I have managed to put off for quite some time.

Now when I think about going to the dentist I feel physically sick and get very emotional, but I had managed to avoid this feeling for quite some time. My partner finally managed to convince me to go – and I found out I will either have to have a tooth pulled or have a root canal and crown.

I'm terrified of both, but I figured getting it pulled will be less traumatic than the root canal. That said, it's my tooth! I'd rather not lose a tooth over a phobia!

I've spoken to my private dentist about my fear and she was really sympathetic and even directed me to their blog and said they have some articles about dental phobias, but I feel like most of the advice I find is aimed at young children...

Has anyone else had any experience in just accepting that their phobia is an actual phobia, rather than trying to rationalise it as "that thing that I just don't want to do"? I think my problem is that I refuse to treat it like a phobia, so I'm struggling to find the right kind of support or even explain my position when I look for the support. For example, the more I read about root canals, the more scared I get, so should I try to be more informed or stop reading about it altogether?

Any help would be very welcome!

Thanks, B x