You TubeTwitterFacebook  
Home Ayurvedic Medicine Integrated Medicine Education Contents Articles Links Products Search Feedback Contact Forum Site map
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:23 am 

Hello to all

Does anyone out there have any experience with treating Erythromelalgia.

Sincerely,

Frederick Hult DC, PhD, DACBI, DACBN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:54 am 

A1: I've dealt with 3 cases of confirmed erythromelalgia but dozens of other similar symptom pictures - all had metal toxicity.

4 papers - see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez and tap in 'Erythromelalgia mercury'

All had orthodox treatment with calcium antagonists, serotonin reuptake and/or serotonin norepinephrine inhibitors and gabapentin.

All went through chelation, magnesium supplementation and cayenne supplements (paradoxical homeopathic-like theoretical concept to increasing peripheral circulation - arguably part of the problem itself)

Patients improved but my 3 were lost to follow up perhaps due to regression or possibly resolution.

Dr Sharma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am 

A2: Dear Dr. Hult,
We have successfully treated several patients with Erythromelalgia with the IV PK protocol. One patient had been to multiple integrative physicians and he had been treated with IV colloidal silver, chelation antibiotic and nutrient therapy. His symptoms became worse with these interventions. Upon arrival at our clinic we took a detailed history of toxic exposure and found that this gentleman had traveled to Africa and had gone on safari. Each evening he consumed 'fresh greens'. Within these greens were also fresh gathered mushrooms that were... neurotoxic. The onset of his intense burning -the hallmark of erythromelalgia- occured after consumption of toxic mushrooms.

Yes, this patient was positive for past lyme infection and he had consumed large amounts of swordfish (methyl Hg) but the cause of the erythromelalgia was from exposure to toxic mushrooms.

At the end of two weeks of intensive IV lipid therapy with Lipostabil, Leucovorin and Glutathione the patient was stable. He was able to swim in the ocean and enjoy his beachfront home thereafter.

Patricia Kane, Ph.D.
Domenick Braccia, D.O.
Haverford Wellness Center

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am 

A3: I would run a bio-meridian, to see what organ system/systems are being stressed, & with a case like this I would give standard process cataplex-b along with b6-niacinamide at a rather strong dosage initially 15 per day in divided doses of the b & b6 12 per day & recheck dosage in 1 month based on pt. progress. Good luck- Dr. Matejka http://www.backandnutritiondr.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:58 am 

A4: In answer to erythromelalgia- I am pretty sure Jeff Bland had a case treated successfuly through IFM. I'll bet if you contact them, they'll provide guidance. I don't recall the FM issue where he discussed the case.
Steve Grable MD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:59 am 

A5: Hi, Prof Jay Cohen author of the book OVERDOSE (well worth reading) suffered from it. I believe he said it helped to gradually increase cellular Magnesium levels. Good luck. D.Wittel MD , http://www.drwittel.com