Simple, Easy, Detox.  Body Cleanse Starter Kit

You TubeTwitterFacebook  
Home Ayurvedic Medicine Integrated Medicine Education Contents Articles Links Products Search Feedback Contact Forum Site map
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:09 am
Posts: 8066
Location: Kuala Lumpur


Hepatitis C Costs US More Than $5 Billion

The hepatitis C virus (HCV) cost the US about $5.46 billion in 1997. The estimate puts the cost of HCV on par with the national costs of asthma and rheumatoid arthritis, two other chronic disorders.

The hepatitis C virus http://www.dreddyclinic.com/findinformation/hh/hepatitisc.php causes inflammation of the liver and is the most common chronic blood-borne infection in the United States. The virus can be spread by sex with an infected person, transfusion of infected blood or contaminated needles. HCV is the most common cause of liver transplantation in the US, the study notes.

The investigators, from the University of California at Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, believe that the cost of HCV infection justifies requests for increased funding to expand efforts directed at prevention, screening, treatment and research.

Although HCV infection is not as costly as HIV infection, which in 1992 was estimated to cost $30 billion, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that:

HCV-related mortality could triple within the next 10 to 20 years.

According to the report, HCV infection that results in chronic liver disease accounts for about 92% of the costs while infection that leads to primary liver cancer accounts for the remaining 8% of costs.

Archives of Internal Medicine October 8, 2001;161:2231-2237

_________________






The Body Cleanse Advanced Kit includes everything you need to cleanse your colon, liver, and more. Also includes probiotics to further support gut health.

DrEddyClinic Live Blood Microscopy Analysis Dark field Course http://bit.ly/DarkfieldCourse
http://bit.ly/lba-online-course
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 pm
Posts: 609
Related topic:

- Most Cases of Hepatitis B Are From Sex. Why Should We Vaccinate http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13062
- Hepatitis Drug Interferon Linked to Depression http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13064
- Hepatitis C Reconsidered http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13960
- Would love any treatment protocols for Hepatitis C http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19967
- Genetic Discovery May Improve Hepatitis C Treatment http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20358

_________________
DrEddyClinic Live Blood Dark field Microscopy USB interactive course
http://bit.ly/lba-online-course


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group